Use the MeeScan app for self-checkout in the library
Before you get started using the app, know that…
- You can install the app from anywhere but are only able to sign in to the app when at the library.
- The MeeScan app must be activated in the library. Once you visit the library and use the app, it will not ask for a code.
- After that, you can open the app at home, but it will say that “Checkout is only available while in the library and with location services enabled”.
- You must set the meeScan app to allow for location use.
Once in the library, use the meeScan self-checkout app to…
- Borrow items from anywhere in the library with the app on your mobile device.
- Check out materials you’re selecting from the shelves anywhere in the library, and for items you’ve already placed on holds on and are picking up from the Main Library’s second floor “Holds” shelves.
- Tip: Be sure to scan the library bar code, not the publisher’s bar code.
Questions? Contact us »
Use the SWAN app for account and catalog access
Use the SWAN Libraries app to…
- Get fast access to downloadable and streaming resources
- See your checkout history
- Save and access linked family cards
- Scan and search ISBN barcodes
- See which SWAN libraries are near you
Ready to get started? Watch how-to videos
The old “OPPL” app is no longer supported
Launched in 2012, the old “OPPL” is no longer available or being supported.
SWAN is a consortium of 97 libraries mostly in Chicago’s western suburbs. Learn more »