Slow down, take a deep breath, and take the #ReadGrateful challenge this winter. Share an attitude of gratitude with those around you by reading together with people you love and cozying up with fun activities for kids of all ages.
- How does it work? Everything is online. Click the button below to register and start tracking your reading and activities. If you created an account in Beanstack for this year’s kids summer reading program, there’s no need to register again. Just log in to your account and join the new #ReadGrateful challenge!
- Who can participate? Kids of all ages!
- When does the virtual program run? Through February 28, 2021
- Where do we track progress? From wherever you are, log in to Beanstack using a web browser and/or the Beanstack Tracker app (available on iOS and Android) to track progress in reading and activities.
We’d love to see what you’re reading and how you’re participating in the challenge! Post your favorites—books, places to read, activities, and more—with #ReadGrateful on social media.
We hope you’ll read together this winter—whether as a family or individually. We are grateful to have you in our community.
Earn virtual badges & prizes
Completing our challenge is as simple as reading an hour a week. Remember, reading doesn’t just mean books—audiobooks, podcasts, listening to stories, magazines, newspapers, your favorite fanfic, the back of your cereal box—it all counts. All reading, in all languages, is good reading!
Log 10 hours of reading and get our special Cozy Cocoa prize pack, with treats and a journal (one per family). Additionally, each badge that you complete earns you an entry into our raffle for gift cards to local Oak Park businesses.
Need reading recommendations?
- Looking for more picture books? Explore our favorite resources for digital picture books »
- There are so many ways to bring stories alive: Listen to these recommended podcasts for kids »
- Want to explore more on a specific topic? Find books, resources, videos, and more, grouped by subject »
Don’t have an Oak Park account? Get instant access »
How do I register? Click on the “Register/log in” button above to access Beanstack, an easy-to-use online tracking system. Adults can register themselves and multiple children under one username and password.
If you created an account in Beanstack for this year’s summer reading program, there’s no need to register again. Just log in to your account and join the new #ReadGrateful challenge!
Watch the step-by-step videos below to learn about how to sign up.
What is Beanstack? Beanstack is an easy-to-use online platform where you can track your reading and activities. Download the Beanstack Tracker app—available for iOS and Android—to your mobile device for convenient registration and logging.
Beanstack features include:
- Barcode scanner: Scan barcodes to quickly add titles to your log.
- Reading session timer: Record reading sessions to keep track of what you’re reading.
- Reading stats: View totals and averages of your time spent reading and titles read.
- Family accounts: Manage each member of your family’s reading log and view their stats.
Contact us virtually: